BANGKOK ON A BUDGET… LOCAL PRICES
Below is the list of the usual prices of things you will need for a comfortable budget stay in Bangkok! Bear in mind that the figures are in Thai Baht.
- Meal (street food) – Pad thai costs around ฿40, pork rice ฿50, and a big, big bowl of tom yum noodles ฿100. If you’re eating at restaurants, prepare to shell out at least ฿120.
- Accommodations – Dormitory beds from ฿100, hostel private room from ฿300, and a budget hotel room for two from ฿800
- Grand Palace entrance fee – ฿500
- Wat Pho entrance fee – ฿100
- Wat Arun entrance fee – ฿50
- Siriraj Medical Museum fee – ฿200
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour – ฿400-720, depending on what’s included in the tour
- Ayutthaya Day Tour – doing it DIY-style may cost at least ฿ 700 but this only includes the visit to the temples. You’ll spend more if you drop by the floating markets too. Arranged tours cost around ฿1000 if visiting the temples only. It can cost up to ฿1400 if a sunset boat ride and a visit to the floating markets are included.
- Taxi – flagdown rate is ฿ 35, usual ride within the city is around ฿ 100
- Train ride – ฿ 15-52