EXPERIENCE BANGKOK ON A BUDGET
Temple Tantrums : Bangkok is well-known for its multitude of beautiful golden and colorful temples. Here are some of my favourites:
- Wat Pho – Admission 100 Baht (3.80 CAD) – You can also get a massage here for less than 300 Baht per hour (11.40 CAD). Both the temple and the massage service open at 8:00 am and go until 6:30 pm and 5:00 pm respectively.
- Wat Phra Kaew – Admission 500 Baht (19 CAD) – 8:30 am to 3:30 pm – to get in, you have to wear a full length pair of pants or a full length dress and a shirt/top that covers at least your biceps. The good news is, you can rent the necessary clothing free of charge on site (200 Baht/7.50 CAD deposit). The bad news is, the length of the queue to rent the clothes and to get your ticket can border on ridiculous. But it’s worth it.
- Wat Suthat – Admission 20 Baht (.75 CAD) – 8:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Wat Traimit – Admission 40 Baht (1.52 CAD) + an additional 100 Baht to enter the museum – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wat Arun – Admission 50 Baht (1.91 CAD) – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm